Sunday, July 21, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer–Block 50

DIANE_50Block of the day: #50
Section: Triangles
Featured Quilter:  Diane
Diane says:  The finished size of these Half Square Triangles is 1”. 








Additional blocks made by:  Jen, Mary, Lisa & Shirley

JEN_50 MARY_50 
2013-07-18 10.49.19 2013-07-19 16.50.40
Mary says:  This block definitely intimidated me at first but I used my method of starting with oversized squares so I could square up my half square triangles to be the small 1 1/2" they needed to end up at.  I cut my original squares 2", cutting 5 squares of each color.  Follow the directions for block 47.  I really took my time sewing this one and it paid off.  I think it ended up as one of my most accurate blocks!

Jen says:  I used 1” Finished Half Square Triangle Paper to make my block.  This is one of my favorite blocks!!

Lisa says:  I named my block Tula Tiny Triangles.  Triangle paper!! I used my 32 year old brides maids dress fabric for the tiny triangles, and broke my rule of lights on the outside. The thin outside border strips could be straighter if you cut the pieces wider than required and then use the 6 1/2" "Get Squared" ruler by June Tailor to trim to the correct block size.

We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 
You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!
It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 
It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment