Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer–Block 39

SUSIE_39Block of the day: #39

Section: Triangles

Featured Quilter:  Susie

Susie says:  So many choices for my 3-1/2” square.  How do you like my bright happy butterflies?

This block uses Tula Pink’s Cutting Corners technique found on page 85.  If you don’t like drawing all the lines and don’t trust yourself to eyeball, I like to use a product called Clearly Perfect Angles. 


Additional blocks made by:  Jen,  Mary & Lisa

JEN_39 MARY_39 LISA_39

Mary says:  For this block, I originally fussy cut a light center for the "box" but when I previewed it with the rest of the fabrics, the box didn't look 3-D anymore.  My suggestion, then, is to follow the same values as Tula did for this block to be successful.

Jen says:  I think my navy & orange center was a little too severe!!


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 
You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!
It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 
It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment