Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer–Block 4

SUSIE_04 Block of the day: #4
Section:  Crosses
Featured Quilter:  Susie

Susie says:  I love how this block turned out.  Even with a quarter yard of Kaffe's fabric, there is so much happening with color and pattern.  Of course, a yard of more is exciting for me!  I'm so glad I have collected Kona solids.  I have no idea which green this is but we have a color card in the store and carry the whole collection so no worries when I need more!  I created a strip set with the woven stripe and sub-cut it into four 2-1/2" units.  I felt it would be quicker for me and more accurate.  Lots of pieces in this block, so it is a true test of your 1/4" seam.  It is playtime!  I hope you enjoy creating it as much as I did.  Stay tuned for Kaffe and cantaloupe...a crazy challenge I accepted!


Additional bocks made by Mary & Jen

MARY_04  4 - Jen - Bright Batiks

Jen says:  Wow, this block of mine does not have the best fabric choices!!  While the center was a great place use a fussy cut fabric, I could have picked a better center!!  I think my bock shall be named….BRAINS!!!

We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 
You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!
It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 
It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment