Monday, June 24, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer–Block 24

SUSIE_24Block of the day: #24

Section: Rectangles

Featured Quilter:  Susie

Susie says:  Pay attention to layout before you sew the rows together. Treat yourself to a new seam ripper. How about a some new pins too?  New tools are wonderful!



Additional blocks made by:  Jen & Mary

JEN_24 MARY_24

Mary says:  This was another scary block!  My strategy for this block was to maximize my cutting accuracy as there are 21 pieces to sew together and it couldn't be done with strip piecing.  I did this by using my June Tailor Quarter Cut ruler to cut all the pieces.  I also pressed open every seam with my mini-iron to keep the strips as flat as possible.  Mission accomplished!  I'm gaining confidence with every block.

We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment