Thursday, June 20, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer–Block 20

DIANE_20 Block of the day: #20
Section: Rectangles
Featured Quilter:  Diane M.
Diane says:  I love how bold this block is!


Additional blocks made by: Jen & Mary
JEN_20 Mary 20
Mary says:  This block scared me!  All those tiny 1 1/2" squares.  I originally skipped this block and wasn't going to attempt it at all but I was scolded by my daughter and told that not doing it was unacceptable (who's the parent here??) .  She actually helped me come up with this design.  I cut (2)  2 1/2" squares of the solid and (2)  2 1/2' squares of the print to replace each section in the center that had been made up of a 1 1/2" by 2 1/2" piece and two 1 1/2' squares.  The finished block isn't as detailed as the original, but it is it's own unique block that is not anywhere else in the book so I think Tula would approve!

We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 
You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!
It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 
It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment