Sunday, June 23, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer–Block 23

LISA_23Block of the day: #23

Section: Rectangles

Featured Quilter:  Lisa

Lisa says:  I named my block Dog Run Blues.
This block could easily be strip pieced. I used a directional print(the sweet little dog conversational print from my stash) so I cut and pieced it traditionally. In my effort to tone down the strong whites in some of my fabrics, I decided to coffee dye them. Some were already blocks (like this one) and some fabrics. I did this by brewing a pot of strong coffee and then pouring it in a pan with the fabrics and cooking it on low for about an hour. It worked to take the brightness out of some of the whites, but on this block I found that one of the blues ran.  I decided to keep the block as it is a part of the story of my quilt.

Additional blocks made by:  Jen, Mary & Susie

JEN_23 MARY_23 SUSIE_23

Mary says:  This section of rectangle blocks will provide a number of opportunities for "fussy cutting".  I would encourage you to look at your fabrics to see what you may have to showcase in these blocks.  As you can see, this little motif fit perfectly in the 2 1/2' cut squares.

We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 
It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment