Saturday, June 29, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer–Block 29

SUSIE_29Block of the day: #29

Section: Rectangles

Featured Quilter:  Susie

Susie says:  I am accumulating quite a stash of 1" strips in my 100 Blocks of Summer basket.  I am keeping my smaller leftovers there too.  I look there first in choosing fabric so my blocks will work together. I will surely need a bigger basket soon.

Additional blocks made by:  Jen, Lisa & Mary

JEN_29 LISA_29 MARY_29

Mary says:  Remember what I said about "fussy cutting"?  I chose to vary the block in the book so I could add a great fussy cut piece.  Instead of the 2 rectangles in the middle of the block, I cut one piece 3 1/2" by 4 1/2" of the cute mannequin. The two borders frame it out very nicely.


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment