Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Loyal Union Sampler Block C-7 Democratic Watchman

Democratic Watchman is pieced per the directions on page 33.

C-7 Democratic Watchman


C-7 Mary Mary – William Morris Fabrics by MODA with Batik Backgrounds

Mary: When putting the three sections of this block together with horizontal seams, be sure to have the seams in each section pressed toward the flying geese units so the seams will “nest” together nicely. Also, be sure to be trimming off all “dog ears” as you go!

 

 


C-7 Julie Q Julie Q – Scrumptious by MODA

Julie Q says: For the 4 Flying Geese I decided to use my favorite method. I cut four 3 1/2" x 2" pieces and eight 2" squares as the connectors. It wastes a little fabric but it is so much easier for me. Again, I pressed some seams open to cut down on bulk and to make the block lie flat. As I squared my blocks I noticed my small ruler had a nick in the corner. Time to get a new ruler! I have some rulers that are probably 12 or more years old and they're in good shape. But this reminded me that it's important to to replace rulers when they have nicks. And if you're going to make all of the Loyal Union Sampler blocks, or even just a few, treat yourself to a 6 /2" square ruler. It will make squaring your blocks so much easier!


C-7 SusanVH Julie: Elm Creek Quilts; The Giving Quilt This block was put together by PW Customer Susan VH.

Susan VH. says:  “Look before you leap.” The 2-3/8” square can be mistaken for the 2: and then your square-on-point is wrong. =(

 

 


C-7 Lisa K

Additional block by Lisa K.

 

 

 

 

 

 


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Loyal Union Sampler Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog,  by Following us on Facebook or on Instagram (#patchedworks & #loyalunionsampler)

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment