Friday, March 21, 2014

Loyal Union Sampler Block C-5 Cross Stitch

Cross Stitch is pieced per the directions on page 31 or template patterns on pages 109 & 110 OR Paper Pieced using the Supplemental Packet offered at Patched Works.

C-5 Cross Stitch


C-5 Leslie (1) Leslie – Midwinter Reds by MODA

Leslie says: When placing the triangular background pieces, make sure they are facing in the correct direction.

 

 

 


C-5 Stephanie Stephanie – Downton Abbey

Stephanie says: This one’s pretty straight forward and easy to piece. I used paper piecing in order to make sure all the little pieces lined up.

Choose colors that would contrast well in this one. I chose colors that I thought would give variety to my sampler, I needed more blues. However, if I ever made this block again, I’d use two different colors, not two different blue patterns. This would be a great block to use for other quilts with color palettes like blue, gold and cream!


C-5 Lisa Lisa – Lario by MODA

Lisa says: I made this block twice… I like to print my foundations on a softer foundation paper and when I printed this block the first time I wasn’t paying close enough attention to the print preferences and it printed out a quarter inch too big. Because this block is diagonally laid out I didn’t see this until it was all together. It gave me the opportunity to make it again, and this time I measured the foundation firs, and I also chose a less busy background which made the “crosses” stand out better.


C-5 Lisa K

Additional block by Lisa K.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Loyal Union Sampler Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog,  by Following us on Facebook or on Instagram (#patchedworks & #loyalunionsampler)

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment