Friday, February 28, 2014

Loyal Union Sampler Block B-9 Combination Star

Combination Star is pieced per the directions on page 27 OR Paper Pieced OR Pieced using the “connector method” – both options featured in the Supplemental Packet offered at Patched Works.

B-9 Combination Star


B-9 Julie Q Julie Q – Scrumptious by MODA

Julie Q says: I'm still pressing as many seams open as I can. I find it really cuts down on bulk and helps the finished block lie flat.  When I cut my white and red blocks I cut them a little bigger and then trimmed them down to a perfect 2 1/2".  I fussy cut the four corner blocks and the center block.  It helps if you use foundation paper you can see through when placing your fussy cut pieces.


B-9 Lisa Lisa – Lario by MODA

Lisa says: I used a stripe for the quarter square triangles so I had to make sure the stripes were all going in the same direction-I made my quarter square triangles a little  larger than the book had them cut and then I used the June Tailor Half Square and Quarter Square Triangle Ruler to cut them to size, making them easier to piece into the block.

 


B-9 BerylM Julie: Elm Creek Quilts; The Giving Quilt This block was put together by PW Customer Beryl M.

Beryl says:  1-3/4” Squares for paper piecing makes Combination Star easy.

 

 

 


Additional blocks made by Shirley A. & Lisa K.

B-9 PW

 B-9 PW2

B-9 PW3

B-9 Lisa K


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Loyal Union Sampler Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog,  by Following us on Facebook or on Instagram (#patchedworks & #loyalunionsampler)

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment