Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Loyal Union Sampler Block B-5 Chambersburg

Chambersburg is pieced per the directions on page 23 OR Paper Pieced OR Pieced using the “connector method” – both options featured in the Supplemental Packet offered at Patched Works.

B-5 Chambersburg


B-5 Mary

Mary – William Morris Fabrics by MODA with Batik Backgrounds

Mary says:  I chose to piece this block using the connector method. I marked all the 1-1/2” Squares with a diagonal line using the Quick Quarter II tool. After sewing the 1-1/2” square to the 2-1/2” square, trim off the middle and back layer. When I made my block I only trimmed the middle layer and boy was I sorry! Way too much bulk in these relatively small blocks. I also found that shortening my stitch length helped me to more accurately sew these smaller pieces.


B-5 Lisa K

Additional block by Lisa K.

 

 

 

 

 

 


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Loyal Union Sampler Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog,  by Following us on Facebook or on Instagram (#patchedworks & #loyalunionsampler)

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment