Monday, February 24, 2014

Loyal Union Sampler Block B-7 Christmas Star

Christmas Star is pieced per the directions on page 25 and templates on page 108 OR Paper Pieced using the Supplemental Packet offered at Patched Works.

B-7 Christmas Star


B-7 Juile Q Julie Q – Scrumptious by MODA

Julie Q says: I needed a new blade in my rotary cutter! I always put in a fresh blade before I start cutting a new quilt and this time I forgot. You know how it goes, you think you've cut a nice, straight line and as soon as you move your ruler and pull the pieces apart, there's that stinky little thread holding fast to the other side, ugh!! So remember, put in a new blade when you start cutting a new top or when you notice those sneaky little threads holding fast to the other side.


B-7 Diane Diane – Fall Blend, A Fabulous mix of Kim Schaefer Fabrics

Diane says: I chose to traditionally piece my blocks. This block was a challenge! My hint is to sew slow and keep an accurate seam allowance. When sewing sections together pin intersecting points. My block is by no means a block of perfection!

 

 


B-7 Stephanie Stephanie – Downton Abbey

Stephanie says:  I chose to use low-key prints for this block.  Its design works with a lot of small pieces and manages to create a design with impact, so I felt busy fabric would detract from the block design.  It also gave me a chance to add more pastels into my sampler, like I did in my Blockade block (peach and green).

Be patient with this block!  Lots of little pieces take time.   Label your pieces to keep track where your colors go. 

Have fun!


B-7 DianeR Julie: Elm Creek Quilts; The Giving Quilt This block was put together by PW Customer Diane R.

Diane R. says: Watch your color placement.

 

 

 


B-7 Lisa K

Additional block by Lisa K.

 

 

 

 

 

 


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Loyal Union Sampler Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog,  by Following us on Facebook or on Instagram (#patchedworks & #loyalunionsampler)

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment