Monday, October 13, 2014

Loyal Union Sampler Block I-6 Seminary Ridge

I-6 Seminary Ridge

Seminary Ridge is pieced per the directions on page 121.


I-6 Mary 

Mary – William Morris Fabrics by MODA with Batik Backgrounds

Mary says:  To make the templates for this block, I used the freezer paper/starch method.  I found that using a fabric glue stick to help keep the template in place before appliquéing it down was helpful.  I appliquéd it in place using a small zig-zag stitch in a thread color that matched the appliquéd piece.


I-6 Lisa 

Lisa – Lario by MODA

Lisa says:  I used freezer paper templates and Best Press to prepare my wedges for appliqué.  I think it worked pretty well.  I sewed them down with a small machine zig zag stitch.  I made my flying geese units by cutting 2” X 3-1/2” rectangles and 2” squares and sewing the squares as connectors for the triangles.


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Loyal Union Sampler Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog,  by Following us on Facebook or on Instagram (#patchedworks & #loyalunionsampler)

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment