Monday, August 26, 2013

Patched Works 100 Blocks of Summer – Block 86

JEN_86Block of the day: #86

Section: Haiku

Featured Quilter:  Jen

Jen says:  This is the first block in our final section, Haiku.  I thought this section was a lot of fun and a nice way to finish out this sampler.   I had been looking for a place to put this sweet little dragon fly.  It’s too bad I had to cut his wings off!!

Additional blocks made by:  Mary & Lisa

MARY_86  LISA_86

Mary says:  I can’t believe we’re on the home stretch!  Time to start thinking about how I’m going to set these blocks in a quilt.  I’m thinking a crisp, white sashing to give it a “modern” look but probably will not use all 100 blocks in one quilt….don’t really know yet.  I have 14 days to decide!!

Lisa says:  To start off I guess I will say I’m not so much a fan of these. Well I like the blocks enough, but the cutting kind of drove me nuts. Most of the other block in this quilt were pretty straight forward with the cutting. You could get into  a sort of rhythm. These, you actually have to read the instructions and pay attention!


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Tula Pink 100 Blocks of Summer Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog, by visiting our website or by  Following us on Facebook!

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen,
    I just reviewed your post.This is my first time i visit here. I found so much entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.
    You can also visit our website,Threads of Time, creative sewing & retreat center is the best among all quilt fabric shops in Danville. We offer a place of inspiration and encouragement to all who enter our doors for the best quilt fabric clothes.

    ReplyDelete