Friday, May 23, 2014

Loyal Union Sampler Block E-4 Happy Home

Happy Home is pieced per the directions on page 44.

E-4 Happy Home


E-4 Mary Mary – William Morris Fabrics by MODA with Batik Backgrounds

Mary says: This block came out a little more “blended” than it shows in the book, but it turned out so nice and even and straight that I didn’t want to take it apart! If you want it to look more like in the book, be sure your “medium” value fabric isn’t too close to your dark.

 


E-4 Julie Q Julie Q – Scrumptious by MODA

Julie Q says:  Laura Ingalls Wilder said, “Home is the nicest word there is.”  It’s true!  Happy Home was a very easy block to make, so my home was very happy the day I made this block!  There was no grumbling as I cut and sewed this block.  It all came together beautifully.  I did press my seams on the first part of my quarter square triangle units to the dark side.  This made it easier to butt together the seams for sewing in step two.  All the other seams I pressed open so the block would be flat.  As you can see in my block, I didn’t follow the color recommendations.  I fussy cut the four corner blocks and I really like the way my block turned out.  It’s different, and that’s OK!  I’m learning to let go and enjoy the process.  My seams don’t have to be perfect and my points don’t have to be sharp on every block.  It’s the creative process I enjoy the most.  Don’t be too hard on yourself, learn to relax and enjoy the process!


E-4 JacquelineK Julie: Elm Creek Quilts; The Giving Quilt This block was put together by PW Customer Jacqueline K.

Jacqueline K says: For more accurate piecing I pressed my seams open. I ended up making the block twice because I didn’t pay enough attention to the directions. For the biggest “WOW” with the block, make sure the center block contrasts with the surrounding points.E-4JacquelineK2


E-4 Lisa K Additional block by Lisa K.

 

 

 

 

 

 


We encourage you to take pictures of your blocks and upload them to our Loyal Union Sampler Flickr Group. If technology isn’t your thing, bring your blocks into the shop and we’ll snap a picture of them and upload them on your behalf. 

You can also keep up with our progress in many places: here on our Patched Works Fabric Jules Blog,  by Following us on Facebook or on Instagram (#patchedworks & #loyalunionsampler)

It’s never too late to join the fun.  Stop in the shop to find out more about how to get started. 

It’s always a party at Patched Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment