Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello my name is Julie....

Hello, my name is Julie and I am a Halloween Fabric Junkie....


I love Halloween! I don't know if it is the costumes or the candy. I don't particularly enjoy haunted houses or scary ghosts, but Halloween is truly one of my favorite times of the year. During my high school and early adult years, I would design and construct my own costume and often costumes for my friends. I enjoy it so much, it is my goal to one day carry every Halloween novelty in the store. An odd goal one might say, but one to which I aspire.

It is my hope that we will become the regional destination for all things Halloween. I think the Halloweenophiles (yes I just made that word up) are a bit eccentric. Add quilting into the mix and you have a dangerous combination. Frank shakes his head with each box he opens which holds new Halloween fabric.

This week the 2011 version of Alexander Henry's "The Ghastlies" arrived. It kills me to not load the entire collection into my trunk and hide it!

From the Alexander Henry website:

In Ghastlie Manor on Ghastlie Street there's a Ghastlie family there to meet. Mathilda Ghastlie and husband too extend a Ghastlie "how do you do?" It's a Ghastlie day for a Ghastlie walk under Ghastlie trees around a Ghastlie block. A Ghastlie time for Ghastlie things like Ghastlie pets with Ghastlie wings!


Just look at this new 2011 print of A Ghastlie Dinner. OK I will stop now. But seriously, this is awesome fabric. If you are a collector, call or stop by soon. The original Ghastlies sold out in 2009.

I just get so sad that Halloween falls during Fall Quilt Market while I am out of the store. This year we are planning a Halloween Hooha (yes HOOHA) during the summer. You've heard of Christmas in July - well Hot Summer Halloween Hooha sounds WAY MORE fun!

Speaking of Christmas in July (I know it is only June), the holiday fabric keeps pouring into the store. Great novelties, fancies and even a few flannels. I know, I brought in some flannel. We truly do our best to bring in fabric for every holiday fabric is printed. From St. Patrick's Day to Hannukah, we've got you covered. If you can't spot it in the store, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment