I am so excited to be one of today's featured stops on Pat Sloan's Mega Fun Book Tour of her book 'Teach me to Machine Quilt'.
This book is another great book in the Teach Me series published by Martingale.
My favorite part of the book is the first half. I love how Pat spends time detailing supplies and techniques and includes a treasure trove of tips and inspiration along the way.
Pat recommends building a batting sampler for your at home reference. What a great idea to have samples of your favorite batting and maybe some batting you wish to try right at your fingertips.
We have a basket of batting samples at the shop. We LOVE the resource and use it every day when helping customers select the perfect batting to finish their next project.
We have 3 versions of each batting:
- Loose - Out of the package
- Quilted between white fabric
- Quilted between white fabric and then laundered.
For your samples at home you could also add:
- Unused sizes of supply you may have in your studio.
- Notes from the last time you quilted with a specific batting. It is really important to make notes and keep a sample of a batting you prefer NOT to use again in the future. ***
- Prices and sources for future purchase.
Add this book to your shopping list. It makes the perfect reference for your library and is a great gift for any newer quilter!
Make sure to check out the other stops today:
- Sherri McConnell www.aquiltinglife.
- Ebony Love lovebugstudios.com/
- Martingale blog.
Thank you for taking time out of your holiday weekend to visit my blog!
Hope to see you again soon! If you happen to find yourself in Southeastern Wisconsin, make sure to stop by Patched Works!